quinta-feira, 7 de junho de 2007

i'm going to write a book


yes. i'm not mad. i decided to write a book after watch "Les Misérables" last night.
not a book about my life (you wish), but some kind of 'epic romance'.

there's some historic events in my mind that i would like to recreate, but i have not decided yet. but the portuguese revolution of 1974 seems to me a great starting point.

the "Carnation Revolution"of 1974 is going to be the background! what do you think?

i'm not quite sure, but i think my father was in Guinea-Bissau when the revolution took place in Lisbon on the 25th April 1974. so, my father seems to me an ideal main character.

well, i think here i've got the 'seeds' for my first piece. i'm going to write it in portuguese, of course. i won't be able to write it in english as it wouldn't "sound" the way i want. it's still hard for me to express myself the way i want in english.

wish me good luck!

1 comentário:

Laurent NCL disse...

Do it !! Good luck, Laurent.